I love New Year’s eve. Two reasons. First, it is the birthdate of two of my favorite cousins. Second, I love resolutions! This time of year is great for looking back at where you’ve been in the last 12 months and thinking a bit about the upcoming year. Here’s my New Year’s resolutions:
1. Blog more. This is a new blog, and I’m starting to get the hang of it. It’s time to kick it up a notch.
2. Comment more. I read a lot of blogs, but don’t comment much. I’m going to comment more, to open up opportunities for dialogue. I’ve got a good voice, so I’m going to use it.
3. Make time for family and friends. I love my family and friends more than they know, so I am going to tell them, in the language that matters most: time. In 2015, I discovered that the language of love is time. Giving your time to someone makes them feel valued, so I resolve to give my time to those I love.
4. Lose weight and exercise more. Sigh. It’s gotta be on the list, even though it’s cliché. Luckily, I love to exercise! So exercise is really a gift of time to myself. Dieting, I don’t love so much…but once in a while it’s necessary.
5. Write more. I love to write, and I have several irons in the fire with my freelancing work. I resolve to follow up and keep the words coming.
6. Stop thinking about resolutions. This is the most important one. I resolve to set these goals as a vision for the coming year, and then stop thinking about them. Really. God (or the universe – whatever higher power you believe in) will do the rest of the work. All I need to do is keep an open mind and an open heart.
My resolutions are in motion – I’m ready for 2016. Are you? Leave a comment and let me know your favorite resolutions. Happy New Year!